(850) 895-1248 Karen@RenewingYouth.com

Most of us have dealt with skin issues during our life, right? We all have one thing in common, and that is our epidermis, our skin. Some of us have been blessed with a flawless smooth complexion, others like myself have fought the battle of the skin for a very long time.

So let’s talk about that battle. Have you had blemishes and/or acne as a youth? Or did it show up in your adult years? I personally had a few blemishes as a teenager, but then serious acne set in during my late 20’s and I still battle it now in my 60’s. Ugh!

If you are in your 40’s, 50’s and above, remember you are like fine wine whose content grows better with age, but sometimes the bottles need a bit of tending to. In our case, aging can be more than just genetic. Only 20% of skin aging comes from genetics. The other 80% comes from our environment  and can lead to premature aging.

I know what it’s like to deal with dry skin along with acne flare ups. I know how it feels to wish I could take sandpaper to my face and start over, like I did to a scratched up wooden dresser. The dresser turned out gorgeous by the way!

But alas! There’s hope!

Rough dry skin is usually caused by a build-up of dead skin cells plus a lack of hydration.  In my case, I have oily skin in some places and dry skin in others, so I’m dealing with that dry flaky stuff that makes my makeup look like a drunk applied it, plus having that shiny, melted off makeup look caused by excess oil in other areas of my face. Does anyone else relate?

Bottom line is that having this means using the right products on my face is critical.

Did I find a solution? You bet I did! I treat each area individually using high quality products. I’m sure you’ve heard many women say they use Brand X found at discount stores, which is great if they don’t have the problems I mentioned that I have. I ended up with a drawer full of Brand X’s and never found a solution to my skin problems. Through trial and lots of errors, I learned what does and does not work for me.

First of all, I found it essential to use a mask twice a week to remove those pesky dead skin cells that ALL of us shed a couple of times a week. Then I follow up with TWO hydrating moisturizers. One is formulated specifically for combination to oily skin, and the other is for normal to dry skin. Why do I use 2 moisturizers? Because my forehead, the area around my eyes and mouth, my neck and upper chest tend to show more dryness, hence wrinkles (ugh!). My cheeks and nose have larger pores and are oilier, so using a more luxuriant moisturizer there would increase the hydration level, bringing on those dreaded clogged pores and blemishes.

If you have any of these skin issues that I mentioned, take heart. There is an answer. Drop me a line and let me know what you’re dealing with as far as skin care needs, and let’s talk!

To Your Youthfulness!

Karen